TINGLING IN FEET – Do you know why?
In short, TINGLING IN FEET is just similar to a “check engine “light in a car. It says us to take notice of the anomaly in the certain numb part of the body. It cannot be classified into a single branch of medicine. The cause for tingling flirts both with Neurology and the cardie vascular science. Vaguely one can define the tingling situation in limbs as “An abnormal situation occurring at limbs”.
Everybody at a point of time would have experienced like this, suddenly one is not able to “feel” the limbs, and a certain feeling of tingling engulfs oneself and limbs starts to feel numb. For the most of us this symptom is quite temporary and lasts only for a short transient period of time. But this typical tingling is sign of worse things to come in a few unfortunate cases. Now that we know what this tingling is, let us look at the causes.
The cause’s of TINGLING IN FEET maybe serious or non – serious ones. lets us see each of it one by one.
- The most common cause is the one we all know. Sitting/Standing for a long time or any action that makes our limb stationary at a same position for a long time causes TINGLING.
- Next cause is the injury to nerves. This might cause temporary TINGLING all through to more serious situation. A common example is when athletes twist leg while running, causing tingling for a small time. This can also be serious. Injury at Hips causes Tingling and numbness at legs. This can turn to be serious
- Sometimes pressure at nerves in the spine may cause numbness in feet. Example. Herniated disc
- Damage to peripheral nerves from enlarged blood vessels.
- Lack of blood flow to legs. This is also another common everyday cause.
Now let us look at some medical conditions which tend to cause tingling. They are,
- Diabetes. Usually diabetic patients tend to suffer from numbness in limbs.
- Multiple Sclerosis, which causes numbness and tingling situation in legs along with a burning sensation.
- Mini strokes or Transient ischemic attack
- Under active thyroid gland
Apart from these other causes include animal and insect bites, Radiation exposure or Radiation treatment and etc…
Numbness and TINGLING IN FEET occurs due to nutrition deficiency and also due to bad health habits. Some of these include
- Abnormal level of calcium , potassium and sodium in blood
- Deficiency of vitamin B12
- Usage of tobacco , alcohol
- Due to lead and arsenic poisoning .
Thus that now we know what are the causes of tingling. Now let us see when one must panic when faced with tingling situation in legs. Although most last for seconds or minutes, some are critical . let us see one by one .
- It is very much OK to panic when you not only feel numb but paralyzed. This means something much murkier.
- When numbness occurs right after injury to head or back
- If you are losing control over legs for a extended period of time
- If case you feel loss of control over bowel and bladder.
- In case you feel a concussion, slurred speech , loss of consciousness.
Thus it can be said that Tingling is rather a common phenomenon occurring due to some non important causes and also can prove to be much complex in a certain cases . Always consult a doctor and do not try to treat by yourself as it never helps to cure TINGLING IN FEET. Consulting a doctor would help finding the right cause , reduce the intensity of the symptoms and find the possible cure for TINGLING IN FEET.